Monday, April 19, 2010

Rights of students and teachers

Protecting student rights-

My right is that I can express myself freely, although I may prefer to have discretion as I will be teaching high school students. Students also have rights and they have similar rights. They have the right to privacy and you shouldn't give out any student names, even if they commit acts of vandalism, etc.

My rights-
-legal counsel
-seeing all evidence others have against me
-joining teachers' unions

I can get fired for-
-incompetence
-immoral behavior
-unprofessional conduct
-insubordination

Religion in the Classroom
-Do your best not to include it. If you are a coach, or if a student dies and your students wish to say a prayer open the door and stand out in the hall for 5-10 minutes.
-Or, have a few minutes of silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment